Free PDF to ePub Converter -Calibre, is a free program and widely applicable to Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux. It enables you to convert to ePub format for iBooks, from huge number of file formats such as CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDF, PDB, TXT, etc.
1. ePub with smaller file size
2. More convenient to read eBooks. One of outstanding .epub file format is specially designed reflowable content-text display can be optimized for the particular display device.
3. For eBooks, ePub file format is more popular than PDF. And it can be supported by various eBook Readers like iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader, etc, and applications like Apple's iBooks, in Adobe Digital Editions, etc.
1. Download the PDF to ePub Converter and install it on your PC.
2. Run the program, and click "Add books" to import the PDF file(s) to the program.
3. Hit "Convert E-books" to start converting PDF to ePub.
Tip: you can easily access to output .epub file by clicking "Click to open".
Then, connect your ebook reader to PC and transfer the .epub files to it. For example, transfer the .epub file to iPad.
Sync to iPad with iTunes, Just drag and drop the .epub files to iPad folder. Finally, you can read the eBooks on iPad with iBooks
Shared tools for ePub:
1. Sigil book editor: It is a simple ebook editor for epub files. It support WYSIWYG interface and is available for multi platforms. It has support for multiple views like: book view, code view and split view.
2. ePub Tools: Command-line tools suitable for batch processing and integration into toolchains. Includes tools for conversion from Word, RTF, DocBook, TEI, and FictionBook.
3. eCub: a simple-to-handle program to create EPUB and MobiPocket ebook.
4. Stanza Desktop : Stanza allows you to convert from a wide variety of formats like MS LIT, Mobipocket, Kindle, RTF, PDF, MS Word, and many more into ePub file format.